Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Story: Bad decision by UW power brokers

Editor: Thank you to all the people of the world who have been writing in support of our wonderful University of Wyoming Geology Museum and its curator, Brent Breithaupt. I would like to add two stories of support.

Sometime in the 1990s the museum came under the hatchet list. When I added my voice to the protest and contacted legislators from across the state, the then-UW president sent me a personal letter threatening my Ph.D. assistantship if I didn't shut up. I protested louder than ever, kept the letter, spoke out at trustees' meetings, helped organize demonstrations and finished my Ph.D. on time.

For more of this story, click on or type the URL below:

http://casperstartribune.net/articles/2009/07/28/editorial/letters/99859540e9cf2fb08725760000657e83.txt

No comments:

Post a Comment